Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massey 130 and 135

Options
  • 15-04-2018 2:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭

is there much of a difference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭case956tom

adamhughes wrote: »
    the 130 would be a later version of a 25 french built tractors.has a 4/107 perkins wouldnt have been their greatest engine, also they have cone brakes dont know how good or bad the brakes are. rarer than a 135 prob more interest in a 135.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭adamhughes

guy trying to sell me one, need brakes done but otherwise good order, wants 2 grand for it

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

There not actually that similar at all, even though the model numbers are close.

130 is a much lighter built tractor, made in france.

As a vintage tractor the 130 is a nice novelty, but if you're planning on doing any work with it you'll be disappointed compared to a 135

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭shootermcgee

Don't have the same lifting power as a 135 as the have a lighter back end

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭adamhughes

are they worth anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭shootermcgee

I'd say around the same as a 135 in decent shape but would rarer again

are they worth anything

Generally speaking they would be worth less than a 135.

They have value based on the fact that they are a rare tractor that a collector might like, they are small and light weight too.

The 135 has a high value based on its popularity, and really the 135 is over valued, when you compare it to similar tractors.

Market dictates all, the 130 would have a small pool of interested buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Patslaterry123

What's the difference between a 133, 130 , 135

What's the difference between a 133, 130 , 135

130 looks similar to a 135 in styling but not in substance. Made in France, predominantly for the French market.. Its is a much lighter built tractor, smaller 4 cylinder engine, different transmission and back end with a modest lift capacity. Designed for lighter work than the 135

133 is the cheaper alternative to a 135, a budget version if you will. Its built with the same components as the 135, but has a de rated engine (37.5 hp not 45hp) and has a single clutch which means no live drive PTO. I think they were also built in France but I'm not sure.

Advertisement