Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season Wood in shed

Options
  • 15-04-2018 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭

I am storing all the wood from that storm in an lead to. Will be pratically full hen I am finished. It is open at one end and it's in a windy area. Should i drill holes in the opposite wall ( concrete blocks) to aid windflow?

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

80sDiesel wrote: »
    I am storing all the wood from that storm in an lead to. Will be pratically full hen I am finished. It is open at one end and it's in a windy area. Should i drill holes in the opposite wall ( concrete blocks) to aid windflow?

Could you add skylights or vents or a chimney instead of drilling?

Might be easier and more useful than a have of holes on the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

No need, the “air flow” wouldn’t penetrate through the timber anyway, unless the shed is very narrow!
    Once it’s covered it will season away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

invicta wrote: »
    No need, the “air flow” wouldn’t penetrate through the timber anyway, unless the shed is very narrow!
    Once it’s covered it will season away
    Tnks!

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭cnoc

For how long do you need the timber to season?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Could you put pallets on the floor of the shed, this would allow air to circulate up through the logs, either way the wood will dry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Could you put pallets on the floor of the shed, this would allow air to circulate up through the logs, either way the wood will dry
    Yeah I can do that. Cheers for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

Pallets on ground idea is a good one!
    Put some rodent poison in the pallets when you do it.

If you can divide in half before filling too I’d recommend it. Much handier when you’ve it half gone to be able to fill the empty half again.

Advertisement