Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retrieving Texts From Phone

Options
  • 14-04-2018 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody,

I need to retrieve texts from a phone. There is a guy that owes me money and I need to locate these old texts for an upcoming case that I will be taking against him. So I have two parts to the question.

1. The texts were deleted from the phone. Since then the phone has run out of storage (so all the disk space has been reused). Is it possible to get the texts back from this phone?

2. If I can't get the texts from the phone would it be possible to get a copy of the texts from the phone provider? Do they keep a copy?

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭spakman

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Once the texts are gone they're gone. No way to retrieve them. And carriers don't keep records of text messages.

carriers can and do keep records of text messages sent, but for a very short period of time

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

spakman wrote: »
    carriers can and do keep records of text messages sent, but for a very short period of time

And you'd need a quick order from the high court to save it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

sugarman wrote: »
    No, theyre not. Ive used recovery tools like "Recuva" to recover texts deleted months ago in the past.

I've used Recuva on PC before to recover files. And GetDataBack and other recovery software, but I'm not a phone guy. Does the fact that the on board storage on the phone is fully used up not mean that all the space has been re-used though?

I use clonezilla to image PCs. Is there something similar for phones to take a bit copy of everything stored on the SIM and on the on board storage

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Might not be worth your time depending on how much it is, smalls claims can take a long time to come to an end by the time you've got the sheriff to act, he'll also want his cut, He could always say he paid you already can you prove he didn't? Any receipts ect for this money changing hands.

This could cost your 4 week days altogether if he doesn't turn up a few times.
    Over €600 probably worth a go but no guarantee you'll ever get your money even if you win.

Getting the texts back depends on the phone you have. They still can't prove what happened between the last text and now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement