Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third Party Wireless Headset Help? (XBox ONE)

Options
  • 14-04-2018 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to help a friend set up a wireless headset for PUBG that connects via USB, but we are both mystified - not only is the XBox not picking it up, but there doesn't even appear to be anywhere in the entire settings area for picking wireless sets up at all.

The headset works perfectly on my PC and is literally plug-and-play (plus a single click of a pairing button) so we have no idea where the problem is. This is the model - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Promotions-EasySMX-Rechargeable-Detachable-Microsoft-Black-blue-XboxPS34pcmac/dp/B01EAF3AK2/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

After googling around it almost looks like Microsoft have made it actually impossible to use a wireless headset without buying an addition contraption that goes on the bottom of the controller which no doubt would cost €30+ again... that you then plug the wireless headset into, thus defeating the entire purpose of a wireless headset? What's that about, please tell me it isn't the case?

Can anyone give any advise? I've not touched a console in close to a decade, but we are at an absolute, complete and utter loss as to what is going on here. Any help would be massively appreciated!

Comments

Billy86 wrote: »
    I'm trying to help a friend set up a wireless headset for PUBG that connects via USB, but we are both mystified - not only is the XBox not picking it up, but there doesn't even appear to be anywhere in the entire settings area for picking wireless sets up at all.

The headset works perfectly on my PC and is literally plug-and-play (plus a single click of a pairing button) so we have no idea where the problem is. This is the model - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Promotions-EasySMX-Rechargeable-Detachable-Microsoft-Black-blue-XboxPS34pcmac/dp/B01EAF3AK2/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

After googling around it almost looks like Microsoft have made it actually impossible to use a wireless headset without buying an addition contraption that goes on the bottom of the controller which no doubt would cost €30+ again... that you then plug the wireless headset into, thus defeating the entire purpose of a wireless headset? What's that about, please tell me it isn't the case?

Can anyone give any advise? I've not touched a console in close to a decade, but we are at an absolute, complete and utter loss as to what is going on here. Any help would be massively appreciated!

It's in the description:

Product Description
    EasySMX 2.4GHz Wireless Gaming Headset for XBOX 360/XBOX ONE/PS 3/PS4 with Detachable Microphone USB2.0 Rechargeable Battery (A Microsoft Adapter or Kinect is Needed for Use with Xbox One)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Bit of a facepalm there! We were just messing around with my one and never even looked to see that, only clicked back on the link to copy/paste here. Thanks for the heads up all the same. :)

Advertisement