Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locked phone problem, who's right?

Options
  • 14-04-2018 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

hi all

banging my head on the wall at this stage,

i was transferring from Provider A to Provider B,
    i was told to insert sim into my s6 (fully paid for and contract fulfilled)
    and insert the porting code given by B when it asks for a code
    it wanted the the network unlock code not the porting code
    so i locked it out, it now wanted a puk, i enquired with both A and B
    and the general consensus was that i needed to get an unlock code from samsung through provider A

so, i requested a code, took a week, got it today, didnt work,
    both networks have said its the others responsibility multiple times
    its now with my original network, the new provider is adamant that the phones is still locked to my original provider which does make sense
    but they are still saying its each others problem, the latest is that the original provider is going to approach samsung again,

whats going on, why cant i get sorted?

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

hi all

banging my head on the wall at this stage,

i was transferring from Provider A to Provider B,
    i was told to insert sim into my s6 (fully paid for and contract fulfilled)
    and insert the porting code given by B when it asks for a code
    it wanted the the network unlock code not the porting code
    so i locked it out, it now wanted a puk, i enquired with both A and B
    and the general consensus was that i needed to get an unlock code from samsung through provider A

so, i requested a code, took a week, got it today, didnt work,
    both networks have said its the others responsibility multiple times
    its now with my original network, the new provider is adamant that the phones is still locked to my original provider which does make sense
    but they are still saying its each others problem, the latest is that the original provider is going to approach samsung again,

whats going on, why cant i get sorted?

many thanks

Okay, If its asking for a PUK code then its the sim card. If you are using the new sim from you provider it should be on the information with the pin number, if not, ask your new provider.

You got you unlock code from you old provider. The phone will ask you for your Network unlock code when the new sim card is inserted. If this doesn't work then you contact your old provider and explain it didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

As Zhane says, it's the new SIMs PUK it's asking for because the incorrect SIM PIN was entered a few times.

The porting code has nothing to do with unlocking the phone.

The process is like this:
    Get network unlock code (NUC) from A.
    Put SIM B in phone and enter NUC
    If prompted for SIM PIN enter the PIN from SIM B label. If the SIM PIN is entered incorrectly a few times then it will ask for SIM PUK. This is on SIM B label.

Porting is after that. "B" will send a code to the phone with SIM A in it to confirm the number is yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement