Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday

Options
  • 13-04-2018 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭

Newcastle 3:55 a horse formerly out of the Supreme Racing Club and trained by Willie Millins, Iolani looks like a real threat to me in this race. Dropped 2lbs for its last run when it was also 3lbs out of the handicap, it goes off tomorrow stepped up in trip, but still as bottom weight which will surely stand to it as Newcastle heavy going is likely to be a real slog. Horse is out of Sholokhov which was also the sire of Don Cossack, heavy going and a step up in trip should really favour this fella, especially with a feather weight on its back. 14/1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickey1979

Leopardstown 4.55 tomorrow
    No Way Jack 20/1 1pt e/w
    Prove the Point 20/1 1pt e/w

a couple of darts more in hope than anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

No real strong fancies today but I'll take a piece of Western Ryder and The world's end in their races.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Reckon Identity Thief really wants a step up in trip after it put in a cracking performance at Cheltenham last month on heavy going, staying all the way to the finish. This race is a serious step down in quality on that and I couldn't be having Sam Spinner at even money with the ground the way it is and after it flopped at Cheltenham. 20/1 widely available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

The only bet today apart from my grand national poke on Pleasant Company is in the first.
    Fancy 2 in it. The Mighty Don and Connetable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

The presentation by ITV will be borderline unwatchable today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Black op chased home machines in his last 2 runs , he has the best form . He wins . (Hopefully)

he did, he looked a bit laboured was Cheltenham in the legs

he did, he looked a bit laboured was Cheltenham in the legs

Now all I need is petit mouchoir And Sam spinner, I don’t ask for much do i

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Just backed Petit Mouchoir and he starts to kick up a fuss. Tearing about the place. Should be the best horse in the race but he' wasting loads of energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Dont understand that drift. Be shocked if he doesn't win this well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Some fella had 50k to win on Petit pouchoir expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Looks like it could have been the difference in the end. Poor jump at the 2nd last as well.

To be fair Diego de Charmil ran a far smarter race.

Happy for Paul Nicholls great to see him land a big one wonder was petit below his best so wouldn’t be 100% convinced about Diego going forward still good win

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

BumperD wrote: »
    Happy for Paul Nicholls great to see him land a big one wonder was petit below his best so wouldn’t be 100% convinced about Diego going forward still good win

Ehhh? Petit emptied halve the tank before the race even started

Ehhh? Petit emptied halve the tank before the race even started

50k was placed on him just before the start so if he emptied half his tank they weren’t concerned or are really dumb

BumperD wrote: »
    50k was placed on him just before the start so if he emptied half his tank they weren’t concerned or are really dumb

Really dumb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Reckon Identity Thief really wants a step up in trip after it put in a cracking performance at Cheltenham last month on heavy going, staying all the way to the finish. This race is a serious step down in quality on that and I couldn't be having Sam Spinner at even money with the ground the way it is and after it flopped at Cheltenham. 20/1 widely available.

Nice one Francie.

lovely francie

Cracker francie

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hudhastings

Saved my day cheers Francie got 18's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Thanks Francie. Followed you on this and once again owe you a pint or 5

Advertisement