Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with Taskbar....Windows 10 Pro

Options
  • 13-04-2018 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Just wondering if anyone can help with this annoying problem which has recently occurred for me with the Taskbar

Windows Start does not open
    Notifications does not open

I have tried a number of fixes garnered from google but to no avail.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Steps 1 and 2 should get you sorted following instructions in this link
    Note: I am not recommending any third party installs, if you do - your own risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

Nothing seems to work and it appears to be a common enough issue. May have to do a rest of windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

Bottom right hand side uncheck tablet mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

I am sure you come across this one and,as you can see, even Microsoft suggest to reset PC if creating new account didn't help.

I read somewhere that re-registering all apps helped, didn't tried myself, will post link if find it. Run PowerShell as admin:
    Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Edit: Link to article. Check comments, interesting method with copying \Local\TileDataLayer\Database folder - worth a shot. Wonder if copy/paste from another PC would work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

Nothing has worked to fix the issues. Resigned to the fact of doing a refresh of windows. I take it this will affect other user accounts on the PC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement