Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requirement for Registered Gas Fitter?

Options
  • 13-04-2018 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello all, this is my first post so apologies if it's the wrong forum or has been covered already. I am disconnecting my home Gas hob to put in a new worktop and then reconnecting the hob. I have read conflicting advice that I will need a registered gas installer. Some websites say that this is not technically "Gas Work" and refer to a "bayonet connection" which seems very straight forward. Others say it is gas work and requires a fitter. To be clear, the hob is staying in the same place, no new piping or connection, just disconnect the hose, put in worktop, then reconnect.... Also I am in no way trying to cut corners and have no issue arranging a paying for a proper fitter to come out and do the job but I also don't want to waste time and money on unnecessary work.

I'd be grateful for any advice. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Does the current hose have the bayonet connection? If it does push twist and pull. No need for a gas installer. Fit new hob push on new bayonet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JohnWicklow

Thanks mad m I'll have a proper look tonight. It was only fitted 3 years ago so I hope it does have 'modern' connections (or does age have anything to do with it!?).

Advertisement