Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Added named driver halfway through the year

Options
  • 13-04-2018 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi, I'm with AXA Insurance.

I added the missus as a named driver to my policy (€1700 by myself) at about half way through my insurance year. I was told it would increase my premium by €800 so I took it that her insurance for the whole year was €1600. Would I be right in saying that?
    Anyway, that bumped up my monthly installments by €200 to €360 per month. I checked my policy statement today and noted that my premium was just shy of €2500 and that I have paid the full amount for the year.

My question is, if my policy statement says my premium for the year is €2500 (For the both of us) should I have been charged the full amount even though she wasn't on it for the full year, or is the €2500 reflecting my full year and her half a year?

Cheers,
    Colin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

colbarr wrote: »
    Hi, I'm with AXA Insurance.

I added the missus as a named driver to my policy (€1700 by myself) at about half way through my insurance year. I was told it would increase my premium by €800 so I took it that her insurance for the whole year was €1600. Would I be right in saying that?
    Anyway, that bumped up my monthly installments by €200 to €360 per month. I checked my policy statement today and noted that my premium was just shy of €2500 and that I have paid the full amount for the year.

My question is, if my policy statement says my premium for the year is €2500 (For the both of us) should I have been charged the full amount even though she wasn't on it for the full year, or is the €2500 reflecting my full year and her half a year?

Cheers,
    Colin.
    €1700+€800 = €2500

€160 x 6 = €960
    €160 x 5 = €800

I’d assume had she be on it for the year it might be €3620. You’d hope a better premium than that could be got next time.

Advertisement