Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for disabled student hoping to work part time

Options
  • 12-04-2018 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

So I’m an 18 year old girl w/ an Autism Spectrum Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder and Anxiety. I’m graduating from 6th Year in June and I know I’m going to find Summer before I start college hard without my routine. I wanted to be an au pair in Italy but that’s out of the question now. I’ve never worked but I feel like I want to work in a coffee shop or something in the summer to gain a sense of purpose and independence and “coolness” (lmao) before college also I love coffee and the vibe of cafes. :)
    My mom is against it and warns me that I’ll lose my grants for college and my travel card. She also feels as though I’m not ready to take on the pressure of a job. I don’t know the ins and outs of these things but basically if I get a job I lose the supports the government gives me as a disabled person. I have no idea what to do? I feel so defeated :(

Comments

Advertisement