Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

125cc bike for 16yro

Options
  • 12-04-2018 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I’m 16 looking to get my motorbike Licence.
    I know I can ride a 50cc bike but can I ride a 125cc bike at 16 I’m really confused cause some say I need be 17 but I’m not sure
    Can some tell me if I can drive a 125cc bike

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Yup - category AM (scooters) and A1 "Motorcycles with an engine capacity not exceeding 125 cubic centimetres, with a power rating not exceeding 11kW and with a power to weight ratio not exceeding 0.1 kW/kg. Motor tricycles with a power rating not exceeding 15 kW".

That's a real mouthful but manufacturers will usually build bikes inline with those regulations so a lot of 125s will conform. Google the Honda CB125F as an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭caldew

Check RSA website for approved bikes for test. Save you problems down the line.

Advertisement