Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What insurance firms do you trust in Ireland?

Options
  • 12-04-2018 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Obvious answer is: none.
    Why would you trust them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

didn't think about how much i have to lose actually - doesn't really matter anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

What is your real question OP?
    Do you need a recommendation?
    If so provide some details about the car you intend to insure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Businesses are going bust because of insurance, why would you trust them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Last stats I read said motor claims were 78% of earned premium income, so total claims paid are very high indeed. Hundreds of millions of € annually perhaps?

Without insurance you'd be banjaxed financially in the event of a large 3rd party claim.

A modern car is fast, heavy and easily capable of causing devastating injury in the wrong circumstances.

We can (and must) take care of that huge potential loss with an insurance policy costing on average just over €500 p.a.

Insurers are regulated (not perfect by any means) and claims get paid even when things go wrong (I.C.I. P.M.P.A. Quinn Setanta etc.)

I use 2 large motor insurers and I trust them totally. I hope I never have to use them for a claim, but if I do I'm confident it'll be paid.

The public to a degree are their own worst enemies. There's a claims culture rampant, and many are fanciful and spurious. The legal profession have a lot to answer for in this regard.

People get offended by high insurance prices, and without doubt premiums were difficult to stomach when our pockets were empty. They are still not easily paid.

A bit of balanced thought wouldn't go astray on the subject.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

1.4 Turbo petrol 2018 golf highline - value is about 33k - thanks biko

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Go through the list of insurers https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057619504 and try a few.
    It is impossible to give you a ballpark so best try the horse's mouth directly, good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

OSI wrote: »
    Literally anyone will insure that.

Should get a decent quote too thanks to the safety equipment. My mam would save money driving a Golf compared to her old, slower i30.

Advertisement