Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advance driving courses and insurance discounts

Options
  • 12-04-2018 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

So just finished an advance driving course (IAM) and called up axa to see would I get any sort of discount on my insurance and they gave me 40 euro off my 1400 euro insurance
    Fairly pathetic discount I know. Although I have heard that Aviva will give me 20pc off so hopefully that's true come renewal time.

Anyways this got me wondering about any other courses that people have done and if they received any insurance discounts as a result

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

So just finished an advance driving course (IAM) and called up axa to see would I get any sort of discount on my insurance and they gave me 40 euro off my 1400 euro insurance
    Fairly pathetic discount I know. Although I have heard that Aviva will give me 20pc off so hopefully that's true come renewal time.

Anyways this got me wondering about any other courses that people have done and if they received any insurance discounts as a result

An AXA rep told me quite proudly that learner drivers get 10% discount just for showing up to their driving course. 20% for passing I believe. 18-25 only. This was after he told me I wouldn't get a quote from them on my full license.

Don't know if your course was similar?

Advertisement