Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's Hidden Heartlands.

Options
  • 12-04-2018 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭

OK folks time to play spot the tourist because they're thin on the ground around these here parts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

I often stop at the Barack Obama Plaza on my way to other, non-Offaly places.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

This is being described my most journalists as the "midlands rebranded". It is not. It is the River Shannon Region rebranded.

The last time I checked East Clare, East Galway, Roscommon, North Tipperary, Leitrim and Cavan were not in the Midlands.

More of the Midlands are in Ireland's Ancient East than are in Ireland's Hidden Heartland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Should have just called Midland counties those with no coastline. A lot simpler.

The word 'hidden' conjures up negative connotations also. I'd have gone with 'Undiscovered' meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭medoc

It means that Offaly isn’t promoted fully by this plan. It’s an after thought of the massive ancient east which goes as far as Cork and Limerick!! The Hidden Heartlands brand should have been a bit bigger and more inclusive of the midlands. Offaly will never be a big tourist destination but it does have some gems to offer to certain interested tourists, provided they know about them.

Advertisement