Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illogical things we do involuntarily

Options
  • 12-04-2018 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

We all do silly things - doing the Lotto thinking we're going to win, buying on impulse something we don't need just because it's cheap - but what about those things we do nearly every day that defy logic and we aren't even aware we did it?
    I can think of a few, but just to get the ball rolling here's one example that I used to do a lot before I be came self-aware. I see lots of people doing it:
    When disposing of a bottle or other container, why do people put the cap/cork back on?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

Or how many times do you see somebody when on the phone hold the phone in their right hand but have it against their left ear and vice-versa?
    It's comical seeing someone, for example a receptionist or office worker, trying to take notes while talking to someone on the phone, writing with their right hand with the phone against their left ear, trying to see what they're writing by looking over/under their right arm and getting into a minor tizzy and not being able to understand why!
    Even in TV series and films you see it!

Count Down wrote: »
    Or how many times do you see somebody when on the phone hold the phone in their right hand but have it against their left ear and vice-versa?
    It's comical seeing someone, for example a receptionist or office worker, trying to take notes while talking to someone on the phone, writing with their right hand with the phone against their left ear, trying to see what they're writing by looking over/under their right arm and getting into a minor tizzy and not being able to understand why!
    Even in TV series and films you see it!

Sorry, that should read "Writing with their left hand.":confused:

When a fire engine, ambulance, or Garda squad car races past with sirens blaring and blue lights flashing, why do people stop and stare? What out of the ordinary do they expect to see? Fools.

Advertisement