Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASAs new exoplanet finding satellite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ps200306

Posted these on another thread before ... Dr. Sara Seager from MIT with various tidbits about TESS:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

ps200306 wrote: »
    Posted these on another thread before ... Dr. Sara Seager from MIT with various tidbits about TESS:

I remember those : post 12 of How are "earth like" planets identified? ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

I'v seen them before very informative and interesting. Thanks for reposting. What a great time to be alive, think of the great minds who have gone before us who would love to be alive today and see what we can do. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

looks like we will never get there in my lifetime but as long as progress is constant we will get there one day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Beeker wrote: »
    What a great time to be alive, think of the great minds who have gone before us who would love to be alive today and see what we can do. :)
    I don't know, I think the present situation is frustrating. We know there is a tremendous diversity of worlds out there, but we actually know less about them than Columbus knew about America. The citizens of the future are luckier (if we don't f***ing wipe everything out).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Rubecula wrote: »
    looks like we will never get there in my lifetime but as long as progress is constant we will get there one day.

Gaia_DR2_numbers_600w.jpg

http://sci.esa.int/gaia/60146-how-many-stars-to-expect-in-gaia-s-second-data-release/
    Closer to home, the new data set will contain the position of 14 099 known Solar System objects – mostly asteroids – based on more than 1.5 million observations.

14,099 solar system objects are the only places we could reach within our lifetime but plenty of materials to build habitats.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

TESS Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite is due to lift off on a Falcon at 23:32 tonight.

NASA TV HD is FTA on Hotbird 13E 11373 H 27500
    Showing view from orbit at the moment

Webcast
    https://www.space.com/17933-nasa-television-webcasts-live-space-tv.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Delayed now til Wednesday at the earliest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Josip007

Do it well. Take all the time you need. This is important for you ... and so for us.

Advertisement