Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liberty Insurance changing cars

Options
  • 11-04-2018 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

I was thinking of changing a 1.6 car to a 2.0l car. Libert cant rpovide me with a auote but they could underwrite me .... what does rhis mean and has anyone done it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I don't understand the question.

When an insurer says they will give you a quote that means they are underwriting the policy.

What you are asking doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

So you are already with Liberty for the 1.6?
    In that case there should not be an issue changing cars, I don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

Mf310 wrote: »
    I was thinking of changing a 1.6 car to a 2.0l car. Libert cant rpovide me with a auote but they could underwrite me .... what does rhis mean and has anyone done it

Could they mean they can’t provide you with a quote until you know for sure what the car is but ultimately they would have no problem insuring you.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Micky___

What age are you OP? How long have you being driving? Have you a full licence?

A 1.6 is considerably easier to insure compared to a 2 litre. Perhaps you are not insurable in the 2 litre and they may change you from Fully Comp to TPFT?

Advertisement