Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sna to post primary Sen

Options
  • 11-04-2018 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Looking for Info to make a switch from sna to Sen / resource work . Have a level 8 degree in Social work .

Have a young family also , so financially would it hold up ? Am I crazy to take on such a battle is it worth it financially and time wise ? I enjoy the age group and want to contribute to more than care needs .

Thoughts please ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

The first step would be to get your degree assessed to see if you can teach any subject with your qualification. If they do say you can, Then you need to do a 2 year Professional masters in education followed by a one year postgrad diploma in resource or SEN.

Also seeing you have a degree in social work, would working with a school completion programme interest you? You'd still be working with young people and you'd be more than qualified already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Beamy

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    The first step would be to get your degree assessed to see if you can teach any subject with your qualification. If they do say you can, Then you need to do a 2 year Professional masters in education followed by a one year postgrad diploma in resource or SEN.

Also seeing you have a degree in social work, would working with a school completion programme interest you? You'd still be working with young people and you'd be more than qualified already.

Thank you for your reply .. My current sna position is local , it’s within this school that the principal approached me about doing resource work related to my degree ie social skills , ABA, mindfulness -( things I am qualified in ).. I want to have my cake and eat it too 😉 and stay local where possible, with family commitments it’s great to be close .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

If it's resource teaching you are interested in , you will need to be Sen or at least teacher qualified to get paid properly. Maybe it's something else you are talking about?

Advertisement