Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "singer" screaming nonsense outside Penney's

Options
  • 11-04-2018 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Jesus would he ever fcuk off like. Anyone else noticed his "act" around town - just shouting gibberish, not sure what language it even is, snippets of English and unintelligible sounds.

He wrecks my head

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Glenomra

Vladimir, I agree that he is coming out with some unintelligible gibberish but I find him fascinating. Trying to work out what lyrics he is singing is great fun. He is the only performer in any town that I contribute to. He will become an institution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

He reminds of a cross between Tommy Tiernan and Christy Dignam having a seizure.

I pity the staff in the shops he "sings" outside

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

There are two regular buskers on that street I can think of -- just off the top of my head -- that are more annoying than the guy you're talking about.

AlanOB wrote: »
    There are two regular buskers on that street I can think of -- just off the top of my head -- that are more annoying than the guy you're talking about.

Jaysus who that?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I'm in two minds on this guy.
    Yes, he's annoying as hell, that ****ing tambourine and the nonsense lyrics, but I too find it fascinating trying to figure out what the **** he's on about. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Is this the fella with the moustache and sometimes a collie dog? I find him fascinating! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Is it the same guy who thinks is Luciano Pavorotti? It's pure and utter cacophony. On Saturdays he's usually on the corner of Catherine Street and Thomas Street. I'm surprised the workers in the shops haven't run him out of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

It's important to support local artists.

keane2097 wrote: »
    It's important to support local artists.

He's taking the PISS

"At you what he Shu love you hasu AHH ohh ye Dogs hip"

Literally the same ****e over and over and not a note in his head.

zulutango wrote: »
    Is it the same guy who thinks is Luciano Pavorotti? It's pure and utter cacophony. On Saturdays he's usually on the corner of Catherine Street and Thomas Street. I'm surprised the workers in the shops haven't run him out of the place.

No. This guy is a million times worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

He's taking the PISS

"At you what he Shu love you hasu AHH ohh ye Dogs hip"

Literally the same ****e over and over and not a note in his head.

Steps are playing in Thomond Park in July, taking the piss is a viable career path.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

This the lad with the tambourine and who believes that in order to sing an Irish folk song properly you need to shout out part of the lyrics?

If it is my wife said if she was working in one of the nearby shops she would pay him just to f**k off in order to maintain her sanity. :pac:

This the lad with the tambourine and who believes that in order to sing an Irish folk song properly you need to shout out part of the lyrics?

If it is my wife said if she was working in one of the nearby shops she would pay him just to f**k off in order to maintain her sanity. :pac:

That's him alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

He only sings very well known Irish songs, I enjoy listening to him but I'm sure it would grate after a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

That's him alright.

Ah, now I know who you mean. I was thinking of the guy with the tracksuit tucked into white socks who switches between singing and telling us that we should find God.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

He only sings very well known Irish songs, I enjoy listening to him but I'm sure it would grate after a while
    ......as in about 10 secs or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

This the guy who occasionally does a bit of juggling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    This the guy who occasionally does a bit of juggling
    Came here to ask this too.
    I’ve found him on William Street and in Newcastle West on Bishop Street on Saturdays too.

I'm not sure. There's a guy who tried to juggle who is absolutely **** so maybe it is the same guy

Advertisement