Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clontarf to Swords Route?

Options
  • 10-04-2018 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

The missus has just started a new job in swords this week and is looking for the quickest way to get from clontarf (Vernon avenue) end to Swords village by 8.45am. Collins avenue --> Whitehall --> m1 northbound seems out after her only moving 150 metres in 35 minutes this morning.

Does anyone else do it everyday and have any quicker routes? Was thinking through santry or out malahide road and up left via feltrim road altogether. Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

I'd personally favour Howth Road, Baldoyle, Portmarnock, back road through Kinsealy. But I've never had to do it at rush hour, although she'd most likely be heading against the flow of most morning traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,971 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Any reason why she couldn't try the 43 bus? It runs up the Malahide Road with the benefit of a bus lane as fare as Clare Hall.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,357 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

any reason yet to assume that snarl-up is consistent? where did it happen?
    as Grolschevik mentioned, her journey is mainly outbound in the morning so you would not expect exceptionally heavy traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Hi there,

If it was me, I would try the following route:

Vernon Ave - Sybil Hill - Brookwood - right down through Harmonstown - left on Springdale - through Edenmore - Tonelegee Road - Left Millbrook Road - Blunden Drive - right Malahide Rd (at Darndale Roundabout) - Clarehall Shopping Centre - left R139 (old N32) - M1 - Airside - Swords village.

Alternative would be same up to Clarehall (Malahide Rd) and continue along the Malahide Rd, turning left onto Feltrim Rd - Kinsealy - Pavillions - Swords.

Definitely avoid Collins Ave - total mess.

Collins Ave. is only really a mess between Donnycarney & Whitehall Churches. However, this is the majority of the portion she would be using so she'd be right to avoid it.

I'd go straight up Vernon Ave, cross the Howth road and keep going straight through Brookwood. This leaves you out at the Artaine Roundabout, heading against the main flow. She'd have a choice then of:

a) Ardlea/Kilmore/Oscar Traynor roads onto the M1
    b) Same as above, but turn off at Northside S.C. and go via Clonshaugh road and turn off before the M1 (beside the Clayton hotel, I think) as this leaves you out beside the Coachman's or
    c) Malahide Road, left at Darndale Hilton, right at the Clayton

I'd personally choose b), but the only danger is there can be school traffic on Kilmore road, 8.15 should miss most of it but all it takes is one occasion to sour the whole route in her mind.

tl;dr = Go this way

• Advertisement
Advertisement