Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spare heel pad for Diadora shoes? (Long shot!!)

Options
  • 10-04-2018 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭

Very long shot I know, but I'm looking for anyone with a pair of Diadora cycling shoes that might loan me a removable rubber heel pad - ideally red - for a week of cycling coming up.

Unboxed a new pair from CRC and the left shoe was missing the screw-in heel pad - they're quite pronounced unfortunately.

Can track down a replacement pair but not by Friday when we're heading off for some sun unfortunately.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭maldondo

I feel your pain.. I had to source a spare myself a while ago and they constantly come loose.

I don't have a spare but if your based in Dublin/Wicklow I can loan you one off my own shoes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

what the hell is it with those pads, i already sent the pads off my old ones to another member on here as he lost his. really bad design given how many of them go missing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

maldondo wrote: »
    I feel your pain.. I had to source a spare myself a while ago and they constantly come loose.

I don't have a spare but if your based in Dublin/Wicklow I can loan you one off my own shoes.

Oooh, might take you up on this but it would have to be tonight! West Dublin based but will travel. Stupid question first - is it red by any chance? It's not for me but the missus and yep, you got it, colours do count! :)

Mossy - I am now realising why the likes of CRC are offloading their Diadora stock cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I have three pairs of Diadora shoes and the first thing I did with them all was use Loctite thread locker on the screw that holds the heel pads in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭maldondo

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Oooh, might take you up on this but it would have to be tonight! West Dublin based but will travel. Stupid question first - is it red by any chance? It's not for me but the missus and yep, you got it, colours do count! :)

Mossy - I am now realising why the likes of CRC are offloading their Diadora stock cheap.

Sorry, Only seeing this now MojoMaker. I'm in Bray but will travel up as far as Sandyford if that's any good to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭HugoMyBoss

ideally red indeed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Carklone

Would anyone have another spare? Can’t find a replacement online ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Also looking for replacement heel pads for my diadora road shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Forget it - they're like magic beans! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Forget it - they're like magic beans! :)

Found them on here https://www.gambacicli.com/en/
    Shipping is a bit pricey at €12 but the shoes are in good condition, so it's worth buying the pads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Carklone

1jcdub wrote: »
    Also looking for replacement heel pads for my diadora road shoes

Took mine to a cobblers in Dublin city & he stuck a replaced on. Does the job

Advertisement