Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st June 1968 what happened in Ireland

Options
  • 10-04-2018 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

My parents are 50 years married on the 1st June 2018 and I would love to do up a poster of events and the costs of living on the day they got married but I am struggling to find this information? Cost of a pint, cost of milk, petrol etc? Who was famous and sports etc?

Anyone who where I would get this information based on Ireland's pricing.

Thank You!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Try to contact the National Library, they have (at least, they used to up to a few years ago) a microfiche machine that you can use to look at old newspapers and similar publications and print whatever you need. The Central Statistics Office would be another good port of call for prices, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

https://www.irishtimes.com/pagesales/

You can buy the front page of the newspapers for the day you were born.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

Not specific to Ireland but according to Wiki, on 1 June 1968 Jason Donovan was born and Helen Keller died

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_1968

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

you could take a chance on the weather and say it was sunshine and showers on the day, almost certain to have been true.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"Sunny spells and scattered showers" - a classic! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement