Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ufirst / Aviva Iphone insurance claim

Options
  • 10-04-2018 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi,

Just had a claim accepted for a damaged Iphone 6. I thought they would send out a refurbished model which would be fine.

However, they told me this was not going to happen and that I'd get a cash settlement. I could not get an amount off them. They said it would be enough to cover the cost of an Iphone 6..

I'm pretty sure the refurbished replacements had a 12 month warranty. Its a complete pain in the arse having to probably trawl adverts or similar looking for a phone..

Has anyone had experience of how much they will give you to buy a replacement outright?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Yep, I claimed on my iPhone 6. Got the money for an iPhone 6S as that was the comparable phone at the time as the Apple had stopped the 6. I used the money to put towards an iPhone 7plus.

I would have no hesitation of claiming with them again if I needed to. Was very straightforward.

Advertisement