Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiat/New holland blowing out oil when dipstick removed?

Options
  • 10-04-2018 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello I am thinking of buying a new holland/fiat but every one I look at has a good bit of work done and when I remove the dipstick while it is running oil usually shoots out alot. I don't really know fiat/new holland that well but I was told before that fiat's blow alot but still have a great engine. I'm wondering is this normal in these tractors and I don't have anything to worry about or could this be excess ware on the engine. Most of these tractors I have looked at start first turn and sound perfect so this is why it is confusing me. I know in old masseys if they do this they are usually worn but in the likes of zetors it is normal and that is why they have a treaded dipstick so that it doesn't get shot out. Any feedback would be very much appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I think it's normal, but some might do it worse than others. Have you a neighbour/someone you know with one so you could have a look at theirs starting cold? Most sellers would have them warmed up before you arrive.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Advertisement