Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary school table quiz questions

Options
  • 09-04-2018 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

Am helping to host a community table quiz and we need questions suitable for children aged 3rd class and up. I'm not a primary teacher and only have my own children to go by - before I make life difficult and try to get my hands on primary school books covering a range of topics to make out questions myself does anyone know of suitable questions/website I could get questions from?

TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

If you search for credit union schools quiz , there are sample questions and answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Am helping to host a community table quiz and we need questions suitable for children aged 3rd class and up. I'm not a primary teacher and only have my own children to go by - before I make life difficult and try to get my hands on primary school books covering a range of topics to make out questions myself does anyone know of suitable questions/website I could get questions from?

TIA

I made a quiz for 5th and 6th class at Christmas time I’d be happy to email it to you

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Do it by themed rounds and it might be easier

1. Geography
    2. History
    3. Spellings
    4. Music
    5. Television
    6. Picture Round

A friend of mine did a couple of picture rounds a while back he was telling me about for kids of a similar age (don't have a copy of the quiz).

One round was cartoon characters and the other was logos of well known brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Thabk you so much everyone. Yup will be doing the traditional 10 ×10 rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I wouldn't do themed rounds, otherwise some children will just switch off if they perceive there will be a full round they aren't interested in .Please don't ask them to spell things, I work with children with dyslexia and they deserve as much fun as the next child!

I'd definitely do a picture round, though and if you can get simple dingbats, they go down well and are not just for the child who knows every capital city in the world! (These are dingbats in case you haven't come across them before : http://tablequiz.net/2012/07/dingbats-answered/ but some of these would be too difficult)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Lol thanks hadn't heard of dingbats before
    ETA though knew them when I saw them.

By the way do you think emailing local schools info page is good enough to get the word out? I've a basic Google doc form for registration. Or is there a local primary school network I could contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I wouldn't do themed rounds, otherwise some children will just switch off if they perceive there will be a full round they aren't interested in .Please don't ask them to spell things, I work with children with dyslexia and they deserve as much fun as the next child!

I'd definitely do a picture round, though and if you can get simple dingbats, they go down well and are not just for the child who knows every capital city in the world! (These are dingbats in case you haven't come across them before : http://tablequiz.net/2012/07/dingbats-answered/ but some of these would be too difficult)

But if the children are in teams then surely someone on the team will be able to answer/attempt a question?

And for the child who knows every capital city, maybe table quizzes are their thing, we encourage children in sport, art, music, drama. Why shouldn't the child with good general knowledge be allowed to shine?

Advertisement