Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooker & Grill/Oven Combi on one circuit

Options
  • 09-04-2018 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,

I see alot of threads regarding cookers and hobs but this question is slightly different....

The aim is to have a cooker (Oven & hob) along with a separate grill/oven combi in the kitchen.
    So 2 grills and 2 ovens and a hob.

General rule of thumb from wiring point of view is 6mm T&E to a cooker switch and then to 32Amp breaker in electrical panel.

Question - Is it acceptable to put all of the above appliances on this 32A circuit or should I upgrade the MCB to 40Amp?
    I assume the 6mm will still be big enough for the increase in current?

Thanks.
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 davemc1987

Bump any suggestions/ideas?

I got an email notification of a comment but it must have been removed by author.

One comment was regarding diversity factor which is = 10A + 30% of remaining appliance amps
    Example - Cooker = 11kw, I = P/V = 11000W/230V = 47A
    Diversity = 10A + 30%(47A - 10A)
    => 10A + .30*37A = 21.1A - This is the expected current output for the cooker when diversity is considered

I could use the above to find the current rating for our 2 appliances
    Rating of cooker avg 11KW = 47A. With diversity = 21.1A
    Rating of double oven 5KW = 21A. With diversity = 13.3A

Questions I have are
    1. Do you have separate diversity calculation for both appliance or one because they are on same circuit?
    2. Should the number of potential people using these appliance (6) be considered?

Reason I am looking to put on same circuit is because I don't want to run new cables as that is a big effort in a finished house.

/Dave

Advertisement