Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching English to a student with none in Resource - Tips

Options
  • 09-04-2018 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi,

I completed a TEFL cert years ago so I've been asked to take a new foreign student for resource class a few times a week in Seconday School. She's in first year and she has virtually no English. When I thought English abroad before, I followed a strict curriculum and it was with older kids that already had basic English. Can anyone recommend any materials, websites, worksheets etc. that I could use? I would just love a plan to follow that would really benefit this kid and help her build up her English.

I appreciate the help. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭poster2525

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

poster2525 wrote: »

That site looks really helpful. Thanks. It does seem to be mostly subject related though, I would love some really basic level English lesson plans. This kid essentially has no English at all. I would be starting with like a class on greetings and really basic stuff like "My name is...", "I am from..." etc. I'd just love like a plan to follow to best build up this kids English from scratch. Maybe I'm just missing it on that site though. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement