Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True Crime TV doc on RTE - Mid-90s?

Options
  • 09-04-2018 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I know there is a old show forum, but its dead (like the shows in it)

I was trying to find out the name of a show which was aired probably mid 90s during the week on RTE. It was about crime stories which happened in Ireland in the past. It was quite interesting, I don't know the name of the presenter, he was an older male.

I'm sorry this is so sparse, but wondering would it jog anyones memory and could think of the name of it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Pretty sure it was Thou Shalt Not Kill, it was presented by Cathal O'Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Pretty sure it was Thou Shalt Not Kill, it was presented by Cathal O'Shannon.

Yes! Brilliant thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Was there an episode on this about a woman walking home one night who gets a lift, but freaks out and gets out of the car only to be murdered by someone else a while later, i cannot remember the case.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I remember a fairly grim one where a woman was killed and subsequently chopped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There was one of them about a murder on Irelands Eye.

https://stillslibrary.rte.ie/indexplus/image/2136/094.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

I remember a fairly grim one where a woman was killed and subsequently chopped up.
    That might have been the first episode "The Green Tureen".

The murderer Shan Mohangi, a South African medical student was later forced to withdraw from a political race in South Africa when news of his criminal past was made public.

No mention of him on Google after that.

Three cheers for Cathal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

brian_t wrote: »
    That might have been the first episode "The Green Tureen".

The murderer Shan Mohangi, a South African medical student was later forced to withdraw from a political race in South Africa when news of his criminal past was made public.

No mention of him on Google after that.

Three cheers for Cathal.

This case was covered by the Mens Rea podcast.

Advertisement