Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chilean school interested in connecting with 2nd grade class (7 years old) in Ireland

Options
  • 08-04-2018 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello! I am an English teacher in Colegio Costa Cordillera, a brand new school in Antofagasta, Chile.  I am interested in connecting our second grade English class with a class in Ireland (7 years old).  The goal is for us to learn about our respective countries, hopefully have a conversation in class via Skype, and potentially look for activities to do together, which could even include a package exchange, and I hope the forging of friendships.  We would also be open to helping your students with Spanish.  Ideally if the project goes well, hopefully we can develop a relationship with your school and have activities even beyond the scope of this project in creating a global classroom experience. 

Please contact me if you are interested. 

Sincerely,
    Billy Johnston

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

billyj007 wrote: »
    Hello! I am an English teacher in Colegio Costa Cordillera, a brand new school in Antofagasta, Chile.  I am interested in connecting our second grade English class with a class in Ireland (7 years old).  The goal is for us to learn about our respective countries, hopefully have a conversation in class via Skype, and potentially look for activities to do together, which could even include a package exchange, and I hope the forging of friendships.  We would also be open to helping your students with Spanish.  Ideally if the project goes well, hopefully we can develop a relationship with your school and have activities even beyond the scope of this project in creating a global classroom experience. 

Please contact me if you are interested. 

Sincerely,
    Billy Johnston

Sounds cool
    How many children in your class?
    How many hours is Chile behind Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 billyj007

We have two 2nd grade classes. One has 15 students & the other has 18. There is a 4 hour time difference between Ireland & Chile. If you are interested let me know.

Thank you!
    Billy Johnston

Advertisement