Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 door car and a newborn!

Options
  • 08-04-2018 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi guys, I'm pregnant on my first baby and due in August! I have a three door Seat Leon, and unable to swap my car for anything bigger or with more doors for at least another year due to finance on it. Does anyone have a three door car and have a baby? Just looking for advice in terms of travel systems and car seat! Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Lily_Aldrin7

Jillapino wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm pregnant on my first baby and due in August! I have a three door Seat Leon, and unable to swap my car for anything bigger or with more doors for at least another year due to finance on it. Does anyone have a three door car and have a baby? Just looking for advice in terms of travel systems and car seat! Thanks in advance!

I have a toddler and a car with 3 doors and I’m delighted that there’s no way for him to open a door somehow. I have no issues putting him in and out of the car seat and even though I had the same concerns when i bought the car, it’s really no big deal, you’ll be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

My sis rear faced in a three door with no issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭appledrop

We had a baby car seat with a seperate base so I'd say that would be very handy in 3 door car. Now maybe all newborn car seat are like this I don't know but I'd recommend it. You can then strap baby in seat indoors so it would just need to clip into base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

appledrop wrote: »
    We had a baby car seat with a seperate base so I'd say that would be very handy in 3 door car. Now maybe all newborn car seat are like this I don't know but I'd recommend it. You can then strap baby in seat indoors so it would just need to clip into base.

Yeah, a separate base is very handy. We have the standard Maxi Cosi and use the isofix base

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭appledrop

Yeah, a separate base is very handy. We have the standard Maxi Cosi and use the isofix base

Yep that's the one we had too. Very handy when small for bringing them in and out of car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mcginty28

the main problem with a 3 door will be looking after your back. getting a baby in and out constantly from the car can be awkward and will be more difficult with a 3 door, leaning in and extra strain on your back. OK for first few months maybe when they're light, but they will grow and get heavier so it's something to bear in mind and would be the main worry with a 3 door car!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Nothing wrong with using front passenger seat just turn off air bag.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I'd echo what mcginty say.Fine for the first few months, once they get bigger and heavier your back will be twisting a lot to get them in.

As for when they get up and moving and start having opinions of their own, I would not fancy a three door car and a wrestling toddler.But I would say for the next few months you are ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Lemonposset

I have a toddler and a baby and a 3 door! Although we could update the car, it still works perfectly & is so nippy & my toddler absolutely loves my car & would be gutted if I sold it! The solution is an isofix base. We had a maxi cosi & there is 1 particular angle that lets it pop straight in & once you find that it's just as fast as getting it into any other car.

My advice would be to fit your buggy into the boot before you buy it. I didn't and then I had to take the wheels off every time I brought the buggy in the car. It was annoying but sure I love the buggy and my car so it was a happy mistake lol.

• Advertisement
Advertisement