Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2ds& eshop - not available in our “region”???

Options
  • 08-04-2018 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Hi guys, sorry to annoy with what is probably a stupid question.

My son has a 2ds (he’s 8). He wants to download some games from the eshop. But when we try to access it, it says it’s not available in our region?

Looking online it does seem to be in Ireland.

I’ve connected the ds to our WiFi etc but no joy. Bit stumped. Google not that helpful. Any tips for getting it going for him?

He’s had it awhile and I had closed access to the internet until now. But that is hardly the issue is it?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Can you see what region your Nintendo account has been set to?
    The 2DS is region locked to local EU games, as a result if you set up a Nintendo account and don't set the locality to here, say it's set to US of A in error, then you will be denied access.
    Using a PC or smart phone log into the Nintendo account and check the region the account is set to.
    Just google "Nintendo Account" and follow the link, log in with the user name and password as set for the device and User Information -> Edit Profile, on that list will be your region and you can change it, assuming it needs changing.

It might be daft but have you set up a Nintendo account at all?

Anyhow, let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

Thank you! I will give all that a go. Currently trying to set up an account & waiting on a verification code. Why are these things always so awkward.?!

Will let you know if your advice works out.

Advertisement