Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl 50cc Petrol Chainsaw, any good?

Options
  • 08-04-2018 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I was looking at this the other day https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=8446 It is 50cc which should mean it is powerful enough for what I want. I have about 8 to ten trees down from storms over the last few years - most were blown down during Ophelia. Some of the pine ones are quite thick but most of the trees are some sort of hardwood that I haven't been able to put a name on. They are roughly about 12" wide. Would this saw do the job do you think?

Probably won't last very long though. Also the 20" might be a bit of a problem though for a beginner, no?

What do ye think?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭gk5000

I have similar from Aldi and it works fine (and they even fixed it under warrant including postage).

I'm not sure where you are getting 20" from, as I recon its probably 14 or 16 - but those and 50cc would be fine for what you want to do and is fine as an amateur/occasional saw.

However, I would be concerned if you have never used a chainsaw before....just be very careful and read all the safety instructions on what can go wrong and how to avoid.

It would be no more dangerous than any other saw, but chainsaws by nature are savagely powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

There are loads of videos on YouTube about safe use of chainsaws, and the correct way to cut down trees. I found them very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ironcage

Okay thanks. I will go ahead and get it if it is still there.

Advertisement