Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verification

Options
  • 08-04-2018 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

A website wants me to verify that i exist by sending a text to my mobile.but i don't want to give my work mobile number out.is there such
    thing as a virtual mobile or something like that?
    All it wants to do is send me a text and then i input the code in the text to the website.
    Any way around this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭DopeTech

A website wants me to verify that i exist by sending a text to my mobile.but i don't want to give my work mobile number out.is there such
    thing as a virtual mobile or something like that?
    All it wants to do is send me a text and then i input the code in the text to the website.
    Any way around this?

Use your personal number?
    What site is it?
    Is it safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Use your personal number?
    What site is it?
    Is it safe?

I don't have a personal number.just a landline and work phone.and yes its safe.its an English gambling website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Could get a free sim and put it in a spare phone or in your current one for a minute if the phone is unlocked or get a sim for your current network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Could get a free sim and put it in a spare phone or in your current one for a minute if the phone is unlocked or get a sim for your current network.

Yea great idea that's exactly what I'm working on.

Advertisement