Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult Colouring

Options
  • 07-04-2018 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi

I am sorry if there is already and Adult Colouring thread. I just wanted to ask for some help.

I have been doing this for quite a small and I cant seem to get a night sky to look right. If I do all black it looks childish and I cant seem to get the right blend of other colours.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You could try with different shades of blue, starting with light blue towards the horizon and blending it with darker blues as you go towards the top of the sky, maybe even blending in some dark purple with the navy at the very top. How much light blue to how much dark blue is entirely up to you and what you think would work.

You could also use colours in shades similar to those you find in those paint sample strips - find a combination that you like and try to match it on paper.

Hope this helps. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

why not try pro markers? they have a blending marking which is very effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

With watercolour, use Indigo and Lamp Black which is a warmer, more purplish black: shade with Paynes Grey, also purplish-to-blackish.

Advertisement