Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The First Purge

Options
  • 06-04-2018 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭

Out on July 4th. The Purge movies will never set the world on fire, but they're entertaining enough. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,210 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I really like these films I have to say, wasn't there talk of a TV show as well?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gmisk wrote: »
    I really like these films I have to say, wasn't there talk of a TV show as well?

I think it’s still going ahead after this movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

That great, I really enjoyed 2 and 3, crazy as hell but good fun. Didn't take themselves too seriously.

I like the premise a "purge night" A night with no laws and no police. There is something similar where I live it it called "Saturday night"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Love the Purge movies - looking forward to this so hopefully will get to see it in the cineams. If I remember correctly Purge 3 was in and out of cinemas here within a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

they are fun movies but with idiotic and contrived situations , lets go shopping til 1 hour before dusk with a half hour drive home, yeah right. Or lets only put the shutters up at 5 minutes to 7, because like nobody would try to sneak in just before. Also there is a bit of the White people are assholes about the movie

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Saw it this evening. I love all the Purge movies, but I actually think this one is my favourite. Even just from a social and political perspective it's the most interesting, but also I actually found myself caring about and rooting for the main characters in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Campogna

Saw it this evening. I love all the Purge movies, but I actually think this one is my favourite. Even just from a social and political perspective it's the most interesting, but also I actually found myself caring about and rooting for the main characters in this one.

Saw it last night. I was so interested by the premise as it was the first Purge I bothered watching. I found myself liking the characters and rooting for them.

However, not clear on the message of the movie as
    the Purge itself actually resulted in the decrease of organized crime. That is, the two main gangs were decimated. The event in and of itself is clearly wrong but it did get rid of some major problems the community was facing. One of the characters said it herself; something along the lines of 'your drugs have done more damage to this community than the purge ever will'... Help?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Hmmm, finding myself more tempted so!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Caught a viewing of this today. Found it quite enjoyable, all in all. Was surprised to see Marisa Tomei show up in it. Probably preferred the second one but a worthy entry.

Campogna wrote: »
    However, not clear on the message of the movie as
    the Purge itself actually resulted in the decrease of organized crime. That is, the two main gangs were decimated. The event in and of itself is clearly wrong but it did get rid of some major problems the community was facing. One of the characters said it herself; something along the lines of 'your drugs have done more damage to this community than the purge ever will'... Help?
    That was an interesting bit. One of the "heroes" being a drug pusher. Will be intrigued as to what kind of film they manage to pump out next.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Saw this today, absolutely loved it
    I like how quickly it devolved into there not killing each other fast enough send in the paid killers , really showing the founding father's true intentions

Also very true what one of the above posters said , the main drug gang in the are was taken out so the Purge despite how they got there in the finish would have been a massive success for the area which I didn't even think of at the time

• Advertisement
Advertisement