Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewal is going up and up as result of a claim

Options
  • 06-04-2018 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

I just got my renewal with Bank of Ireland. Well I started with 560 Prestige. Last year I had it increased to 1312, now 1440 with NCB protection, only 3 years left of it.

Unfortunately I hit someone in a T junction, the only day I had not the DashCam connected, this was a year and half ago in a morning. I stopped in a junction, the traffic was heavy, I indicated right, the fellow on the left side allowed me to turn, (there are some good drivers out there) I looked on the right side nobody was coming, first gear accelerate carefully looking both sides, right/left and I saw a car in a last second on my right side coming, I could not avoid it, I brake and hit her bumper....She had not intention to avoid or stop, I think she expected at more damages to her car. Her NCT and Insurance was due that month...I am not saying that she was looking for it, but it was a bit suspicious. I said to the Lady...are you going to claim neck injury? she said, no, Oh God....Now I got a letter she has a Whiplash. I got a letter stating that I was in a parking spot when I hit her, but I have taken pictures, is not true.
    I have been driving in Ireland since 2007 and never had any problem....this is the way goes, this is the life....
    Second day I traced the Lady on Facebook, she was ready for the Pub, she is running, fitness...She is single mother, never worked. She even changed hers name with Irish one on Facebook. I spoke with the insurance company, it seems that they do not care and willing to pay her. Now with 20-40k she will be happy.
    I will try to call the Insurance Company to get rid of all extrases and increase the excess from 250 I have now, just to lower the cost.
    Basically in this case I have to pay off all the money the Insurance pays for the claimant. I have to stay with them many more years to come?
    The case is still opened.
    My insurances was willing to fix my car too, bumper and a headlight, I accepted. I am sorry that i did it. Poor job by the garage, useless holes in plastic, and bumper not aligned properly. The appointed garage said that the cost was 300 for the bumper and the insurance send me a letter with 700 bill...strange. I have both letters.
    I can do this time of incidents on daily basis, I see many drivers behind me very close drivin, I could brake->being hit-> whiplash & 25k in my pocket....
    Is not fare, we, as drivers have to have a language in traffic, to understand each other when is heavy traffic....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Were the Guards called at the time?

Not much you can do.

Why did you think any of the Facebook stuff was relevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You pulled out so it wasn't clear.

Dash cam wouldn't have helped to be honest unless it was the other person's fault.

It's the way things have gone unfortunately.

Why didn't you fix your own car?
    Probably doesn't matter to be honest as claim on her side anyway.
    If the repair is bad contact insurance and make aware and request it be done properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

Wheety wrote: »
    Were the Guards called at the time?

Not much you can do.

Why did you think any of the Facebook stuff was relevant?

No, we did not call the Guards.
    Why? Well, a really injured person, neck injury, would not be able to be in good mood second day, or posting happily on Facebook while running.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

You pulled out so it wasn't clear.

Dash cam wouldn't have helped to be honest unless it was the other person's fault.

It's the way things have gone unfortunately.

Why didn't you fix your own car?
    Probably doesn't matter to be honest as claim on her side anyway.
    If the repair is bad contact insurance and make aware and request it be done properly.

I have never been involved in any crash and the insurance offered me to do so, I did not know how the think are/works. I could have fix it myself far cheaper and better job. I called the insurance, they sent a guy to check the quality of the job, but all in vain.
    Yes, legally it was my fault, no excuse. I should have stayed there in the junction waiting to clear it. A dashcam would give a clear image what had happened.
    As I said, I am every day in the same situation, there are plenty of drivers that drives on the edge, legally speaking. Many drivers do dangerous turns and sometimes I had to brake to avoid any crash. Now my Mirror dashcam records always front and rear. Twice I have been hit, but there are minor scratches, there is no point to make any claim...

Advertisement