Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ivernia? Never heard of them.

Options
  • 06-04-2018 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

So far the Cheapest quote I got is with chill. The company is Ivernia. Never heard of them and there are 2 google reviews, which are very bad. Its cheaper by 200eu then my current renewal with Zurich. Not sure if its worth it to chance it.

I would not mind if I would be driving old bangornomics, but its not the case.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Why not ask their intermediary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

These are one of the yellow pack insurers I have mentioned previously.

Personally I'd avoid them.

Imo they are another Setanta, Enterprise etc waiting to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I got a quote with them through Chill, who said they were Irish.

Didn’t go with them anyway as Allianz came in cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

These are one of the yellow pack insurers I have mentioned previously.

Personally I'd avoid them.

Imo they are another Setanta, Enterprise etc waiting to happen.

Yeah, thats what I will do. I wont risk it for the sake of 200 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Ivernia claim to be 'one of Ireland’s leading underwriting agencies'. That means that in the background, they lay off the risk to various insurance companies. There appears to be a significant overlap (in terms of ownership and management) with chill.ie

Briefly discussed in this thread last year... https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057809097

• Advertisement
Advertisement