Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recessed ceiling lights

Options
  • 06-04-2018 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I'm wondering does anyone have an opinion on the little recessed lights that seem to pepper many peoples ceilings?

I'm doing up an open plan kitchen/sitting area and just at the point of specifying a wiring/lighting plan and really need some advice.

Since it's a dark area in general (long north facing room) I was going to add some recessed lights both in the flat ceiling sitting area and the vaulted kitchen ceiling.

I saw some of the recessed lights come as a single unit now with led (3 light colour options) - so when the leds eventually give in you replace the whole fixture as opposed to the bulb.

Which version do people think are better: fixture + gu10 shaped led bulb or an all in one?

Also given my kitchen worktop will be sitting under the slope of the vaulted ceiling does anyone know what's a good type/angle to fit a recessed light at. It dawned on my that the angle of the ceiling could cause the light to shine the opposite way than directly down on the worktop? Would the 'pivotable' lights be a better option here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

if you kitchen is in a rectangular or square shape what about thinking outside the box and installing a mix of gu10 spots and led strip uplighters around the wall/ ceiling perimeter? pendant lights in the kitchen/ worktop area for specific task lighting

lighting-room-with-led-strips-with-led-strip-lights.jpg

Advertisement