Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insuring a 2013 Nismo 370z: idiot immigrant edition

Options
  • 06-04-2018 7:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey everyone,
    Arrived in Ireland from Brazil in January this year.
    From what I've heard and read about it, driving sporty, big-engined cars in Ireland seems generally a dumb idea. Insuring them for an immigrant with a learner permit it's even dumber, but I'm wondering – what could be the damage here? How high is the average for similar cars, anyway? 5k? 8k? 12k?

(For reference: 2013 Nismo Zs are worth around 22k imported from UK excluding VRT).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Not going to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Welcome.

You've ticked all the boxes there for the highest possible premium! :) Anyway I'd say google search for "insurance brokers ireland" and set aside a full 8 hours to ring them all. No one here on boards.ie could even come close to estimating that.

Read this piece in plain simple English. Read it all, but especially under heading "If are refused motor insurance"

So try and get three written rejections from insurance companies (That will be the first three calls you make, so should only take 15 minutes).

Nice car btw.

Muppet Man

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Not a hope. Best bet is to apply for your driving test now.

Advertisement