Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friendzone futility or fruitful?

Options
  • 05-04-2018 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi,

So recently I bumped into an ex colleague from a few years back (whom I liked but never did anything about) and after chatting the OP gave me their number. We text a little but I havent been in contact for a few weeks.
    Ive been single for nearly three years now and the thoughts of asking anyone out are a little bit daunting! Im also not sure if its a friendzone kinda thing or if anything can come of it.

Any suggestions, advice or the like welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

"Hi x, how have you been keeping? Fancy meeting for a coffee to catch up?"

If they gave your their number without you asking, the feeling is likely mutual.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Clint212

Hi Morpork,

Thanks for your reply! I was thinkin with the whole number scenario just like you said that it was a mutual thing but I am also an eternal optimist which has come back to bite me in the ass at times!😂

Forgot to add that Im not sure if the OP has an OP!😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,419 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Morpork wrote:
    "Hi x, how have you been keeping? Fancy meeting for a coffee to catch up?"

Coffee for a catch up is too ambiguous. I'd be phrasing it "Would you like to go out for a drink?"
    Clint212 wrote:
    Forgot to add that Im not sure if the OP has an OP!😂

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but just to avoid confusion, OP has a very specific meaning on Boards - it's Original Poster, i.e. You.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Coffee for a catch up is too ambiguous. I'd be phrasing it "Would you like to go out for a drink?"

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but just to avoid confusion, OP has a very specific meaning on Boards - it's Original Poster, i.e. You.

OP is other person I think.

I would personally prefer the less direct approach since they haven't spoken for a few weeks.

Thanks for your comment Dial Hard.

yes I was of the same opinion on that too Morpork! Apologies if I used OP incorrectly, I mean it as Other Person!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭GuessWhoEh

I think the coffee thing is a great idea. Not too forcing or pressured and maybe if that goes well then ask to go for food and drinks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I don't think you've been friendzoned, but maybe she got tired of waiting for you to ask to meet up! Just bite the bullet. The worst that happens is she says no, but at least then you'll know where you stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Coffee and a catch up sounds like a work "touching base" meeting. Cards on the table time, Clint.

Thanks for your comments folks,
    Sorry suicide_circus, I dont know if Im on the same page as you.... Do u mean coffee and a catch up idea sounds too work related kinda thing?

Advertisement