Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Card waiting time

Options
  • 05-04-2018 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My application for a medical card was rejected due to a clerical error by the department, they have amended and confirmed that is being processed but have also said that it is policy not to give any estimates on waiting times. I am seriously concerned about being able to afford/access essential health care, is there any way to request that the application be escalated? Or any temporary means to access health care until the application is approved?

Thank you for any advise or help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭wassie

Why dont you ask. Generally it is my understanding that they can give a processing times for additional information supplied in relation to current applications (including cases where they have been rejected but further info is then supplied), but it wont be a commitment as to how long your specific claim will take. At present I believe this is around 7-10 days. There is no temporary means as I understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

wassie wrote: »
    Why dont you ask. Generally it is my understanding that they can give a processing times for additional information supplied in relation to current applications (including cases where they have been rejected but further info is then supplied), but it wont be a commitment as to how long your specific claim will take. At present I believe this is around 7-10 days. There is no temporary means as I understand.

Hi, is that 7-10 for new applications or just after you send in additional information? I got text on 29th March saying they’d received application, do you have any idea when I might hear from them again? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭wassie

Sorry for late reply - 7-10 after sending info. But I stress this is not current - you really need to ring them and talk to them directly to get the most up to date info. Any advice on here otherwise will generally just be speculation. I dont think there is a lot you can do speed up the process as there are a large amount of applicants who apply for a medical and are in need of if 'urgently'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Got text saying they’d received it on 29th March and another text exactly 2 weeks saying it was approved and gave me number. Good timing as I had only one day of medication left.

Advertisement