Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vive error 400. HMDI/DVI

• 05-04-2018 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,203 ✭✭✭✭

I thought some of ye fellow VR fans may be of help here.

I recently purchased a new Asus Rog Swift pg279Q Monitor.

I currently am using two monitors, replacing an older Dell one.

With my old setup a HMDI converter cable (HDMi to DVI) port into 1080ti, worked fine.

But not with my current setup. The HDMI vive cable has to take the only HDMI slot and i get compositor errors with SteamVR if I dont configure it this way. Leaving my new screen with blurry text in the DVI output and lower resolution.

Anyone ever come across this before. Been checking reddit and googlez getting mixed results.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Some HDMI cables and connection types can't handle 1440p @165 Hz like on your new monitor so that could be a reason why you are not getting the full resolution on it. Display Port is the way to go for that monitor.

The vive link box also has a mini display port connector if that helps but to be honest I think you need to buy a Display Port cable (I think you should have got one with the monitor) and use that for the new monitor. Use display port for the other monitor too if possible (or use DVI if it's only 1080p or 1440p@60Hz) and use your only HDMI port for the vive

• Registered Users Posts: 12,203 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Some HDMI cables and connection types can't handle 1440p @165 Hz like on your new monitor so that could be a reason why you are not getting the full resolution on it. Display Port is the way to go for that monitor.

The vive link box also has a mini display port connector if that helps but to be honest I think you need to buy a Display Port cable (I think you should have got one with the monitor) and use that for the new monitor. Use display port for the other monitor too if possible (or use DVI if it's only 1080p or 1440p@60Hz) and use your only HDMI port for the vive

Cheers. Ive ordered a mini display port. Seems Nvidia had a few issues with this in 1080ti since it only has one hdmi port. I want to keep the monitor in that port as id loose g-sync if it used dp and got lower res.

Hopefully this will sort it. Shall keep you informed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 12,203 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Mini adapter solved all problems :)

Advertisement