Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old converted Stanley efficiency

Options
  • 05-04-2018 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

Hi There, I have a question about an old converted stanley that I believe was converted from solid fuel to kerosine many years ago. We have been using it the last 5 years and I find that the oil goes far too quickly. When I pop open the front burner drawer, since there is no glass I can get a good look inside. I notice a lot of red, white crystal like and yellow stuff and wondering if this means the stanley is not burning efficiently. See the picture below. This is sort of a top down image. You can see the metal ring where the flame comes out. Thanks.

wijkR0.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭jimf

very inefficient I'm afraid

I don't do cookers so cant comment on the actual efficiency % wise sorry

some of the other lads on here will later I'm sure

whats your annual oil usage

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭TECH85

Ya , pure guzler id say !!
    You should look at upgrading.
    You would see some serious savings if you installed a grant vortex condensing boiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Tom44

Basically it's a converted steam engine without changing the important bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

Thanks for the advice. I am renting so will be a hard slog getting landlord to upgrade it. Might just buy a few eco plug in radiators as that might be more economical. I did a calculation and unless my math is wrong it is costing me close to .80 cent an hour to use the Stanley.

Advertisement