Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inset log holders: wall paint protector?

Options
  • 05-04-2018 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

Would anybody have suggestions for something to protect the wall paint in the two holes either side of the inset stove?

Or do most people just sit the logs straight against the painted wall holes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,241 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You can buy holders https://www.black-by-design.co.uk/homeware-c2/log-baskets-and-fire-tools-c81/log-baskets-c82/garden-trading-bembridge-log-holder-rattan-p2967 to keep logs tidy, which seems like a good idea. Honestly though, with a stove and logs there is no way you are going to keep that pristine look, you will have to accept a certain amount of bits of wood (which will filter through the basket-work of that example) and ashes on a day to day basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭wayoutwest

I used an old lightweight, freestanding shelf unit and added a few slats. Allows me to chuck the logs in without being too carefull (which protects the walls and flooring) + creates a bit of airflow around the logs for extra drying.
    20180406_124514.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

I don't think any kind of paint is going to really help. If it's plasterboard underneath it's going to get scratched one way or another.
    If you want to keep it tidy then (in my experience) only putting in dry wood will help, but like already stated there will always be bits of bark etc. etc.

All depends on what look you're going for I guess. I'm just in the middle of finishing off around our stove and log store and it's all getting cladded in brick slips.

Advertisement