Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardest to find Christmas Gifts (1983-2016)

Options
  • 05-04-2018 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

This article cropped up on my Facebook feed and I thought it was an interesting walk down memory lane. Did you ask Santy or have to track down any of these?

I remember the Beanie Babies craze, but moreso because of the price that some of them were going for. And I did have a Tamagotchi, but I don't think I tormented my parents at Christmas time for it. Pretty sure I did put them through the ringer for the occasional Christmas, but none of my demands made the list :D

🤪

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Great article! Love the memories, I got the TMNT and Power Rangers in the years they came out, I must have been very good boy those years. I had a tamagotchi but I didn't get it at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I always wanted a mr frosty but never got one. I think they were on the list at one stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

I remember having to put my name down in the Smyths toys shop in Parnell St for a Buzz Lightyear about 20 years ago. They got a delivery of them and if you had your name down for one you had to be there at 12pm one day coming up to Christmas and show your id and hand over the money.
    Remember being in the q with other parents going "it's shocking what you will do for your kids" and the usual speel.

Advertisement