Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are double edged blades for sensitive skin?

Options
  • 04-04-2018 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Was telling a mate about my shavette, and he was asking how it's like for sensitive skin. As he won't be shaping the beard (just leaving the goatee), I said he'd be best off getting a double edged blade.

Now, I wouldn't know, and I thought I'd ask ye people. Personally, I usually just shave my cheeks with one swipe, and would imagine it'd be the same with the double edged blade (like this), and thus no irritation, as you're only swiping once?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

It depends. Not helpful I know but hear me out.

It will depend on the pressure he uses when shaving - there should be none.

It will depend on how many passes he does - one might be enough for him but he might need two or three.

It will depend on the direction he shaves in - with the direction of growth, across the direction of growth or against the direction of growth.

It will depend on he blade - some blades just don't suit some people. A sample pack to test different varieties is great when starting out to work out which works for you.

There are going to be other factors too but it he does one pass, in the direction of hair growth and with no pressure so the sharpness of the blade does the work he should be fine.

If he does one pass against the direction of growth, he could be in trouble.

Advertisement