Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Details for SEC correcting

Options
  • 04-04-2018 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,
    I just received my letter from the SEC offering me correcting. I was wondering about pay rates, conference lengths, and all that jazz. Even if someone could tell me when the SEC send you on more info. I accepted the offer for the experience but I'm not sure what it entails!
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Your conference will probably be from the third week in June on. Your rates of pay etc. will be in that pack. How much you get depends on your own tax situation, how many papers you get etc.. It's probably not worth it for the torment, but very useful for knowing what they are looking for in exams.

If your subject is one of the big ones (please don't identify it) it will be one of the first conferences. All your questions will be answered at the conference. If they are not, ask.
    You might find it helpful to swap numbers with another corrector to keep you sane and for moral support.
    Make sure to meet your deadlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

What spurious said is correct. Just be careful if you choose to give out your number to someone else in your examining group. It's great to help each other out on the odd question but some may get over zealous with the calls(I learned the hard way) and it can be hard enough to get on with your own work and take calls from your advising examiner.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 shannongreen

When do we get our information pack? I'd love to know the details about the conference and how much money I'd be getting per paper.
    Has anyone any experience with online marking? I've heard it's much better than the old way once you have broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Payment depends on your subject and level. Different for everyone.
    Letter stating rate will come with info Pack usually comes in April/may. It'll be general instructions and then you'll get subject specific instructions at conference. You will get paid an admin fee on top of your script payment and can charge for travel to and from conference and an overnight fee if it's a two day conference. You may still have PO trips you can get travel expenses for that. And safe receipts for stamps.

Advertisement