Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cargo

Options
  • 04-04-2018 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭

coming to netflix 18th may

a take on the zombie movie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

The short film is great. Hopefully expanding the idea by an extra 1 hour and 35 doesn't lessen its impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,176 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Anybody watch this yet? Worth a go?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Not really. It's watchable, but it's been done before so many times, and so much better. There are worse ways to pass the time, the acting is good, and the 'zombies' are visually quite interesting but the overall film is very much the definition of mediocre I think...just another forgettable cliche post-apocalyptic flick that does absolutely nothing to set itself aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,144 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

DvB wrote: »
    Anybody watch this yet? Worth a go?

No. Its pretty average at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,176 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Was hoping this might be something 'different' what with the saturation of zombie themed horror recently, but if its just more of the same I'll not bother unless I'm stuck for something to watch some evening.
    Cheers.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Banjaxed82 wrote: »

The short film is great. Hopefully expanding the idea by an extra 1 hour and 35 doesn't lessen its impact.

Yip, the short film is better.....with the added bonus of NOT having Martin Freeman in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,923 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Gave it this a watch last night. Meh ... not the best. Didnt grab me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

I thought it was worth a watch but flawed. There were a few bits that were plain silly. For example:
    The first real event of the film is when the wife gets bitten on the other boat. He knew there was something behind the door of the boat when he was on it and he even retreated back to the safety of his own boat. He never even thought to mention to his wife that there was probably a zombie on the other boat, in fact he told her it was a safe trip that he had made. She then goes over to the boat (because she though it was safe) when he is taking a nap and she gets bitten. Surprise surprise.

Another bit that was silly was when he gets bitten by his wife. She was clearly a zombie (or just about to be) in the car and he was sitting beside her. She turns around he then seems to almost put his arm out, or allow her to bite into his arm. Just seemed so stupid. What did he expect was going to happen?

Ultimately it's a story of doing everything to keep the kid safe, so in this way echos of A Quiet Place a bit (but is far inferior)

To be fair, the child played a stormer, she was excellent in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

I was quite disappointed by this lads, there was something incredibly bland about it. On a side note, why do Netflix original films look so soulless? Is it lighting, cinematography, or something else? It's hard to put my finger on but they all reming me of tv movies shot in ultra hd.

• Advertisement

I was quite disappointed by this lads, there was something incredibly bland about it. On a side note, why do Netflix original films look so soulless? Is it lighting, cinematography, or something else? It's hard to put my finger on but they all reming me of tv movies shot in ultra hd.

'TV movie', thats what was in my head the whole way through Cargo.

That and 'straight to video' (for those old enough to remember).

Reminds me of a few people I know who used to buy Fast and the Furious DVDs in BluRay, I said to them that muck in Full HD is still muck.

Advertisement