Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wunderlich parts for BMW

Options
  • 04-04-2018 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ordered from them directly? Or is there a retailer in Ireland worth going with?

Have a pretty extensive list of parts I want to get for my RnineT, and am debating weather to go with them directly or somewhere locally.

Dont want to get stung on the VAT on the parts either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

You'll be paying VAT no matter where you buy it, and the local prevailing rate.

So, if you buy stuff in Germany for example, and they ship it to Ireland, they'll charge Irish VAT rates - this is EU regs now.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

galwaytt wrote: »

So, if you buy stuff in Germany for example, and they ship it to Ireland, they'll charge Irish VAT rates - this is EU regs now.

Ah arse anyway, no avoiding it so.

Out of interest (its been a long time since I ordered something online), how is VAT calculated? Based off the price of what you have ordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Gintonious wrote: »
    Out of interest (its been a long time since I ordered something online), how is VAT calculated? Based off the price of what you have ordered?

It's the price of the goods, with VAT added (at 23%).

Some sites quote prices of goods with VAT included (at their local rate), but when you go to checkout, the VAT rate may change to 'our' one, with an adjustment in the total amount.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

galwaytt wrote: »

Not quite, there is a figure currently €35,000 (IRL) that a business must go over in sales to a state to charge that states VAT rate.
    If Wunderlich sells less than 35k of goods to Ireland then it can continue to charge the German rate of 19%

• Advertisement

Thanks lads, I might break up the order into a few, my list is a bit silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I'm finding Wunderlich is now my default go-to for BMW parts. Value for money and selection is second only to OEM parts.

I wouldn't bother with Touratech anymore, they've pretty much gone to the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

D3V!L wrote: »
    I'm finding Wunderlich is now my default go-to for BMW parts. Value for money and selection is second only to OEM parts.

I wouldn't bother with Touratech anymore, they've pretty much gone to the wall.

They haven't - at least not according to the last article I read. They've undergone "financial restructuring" and are still operating.
    Best not to start any rumours about a company's status I think.

They haven't - at least not according to the last article I read. They've undergone "financial restructuring" and are still operating.
    Best not to start any rumours about a company's status I think.

Order from them and let us know how long it took to get your parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

D3V!L wrote: »
    Order from them and let us know how long it took to get your parts.
    True, I've heard tales of very slow service from TT UK in particular. Maybe if
    I can afford to splurge ...
    I've always been pleased with TT kit but I do have a couple of Wunderlich small items which are beautifully made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Grumpy Bike Wizard

nippy normans or louis have always been very reasonable prices and shipping to here for wunderlich gear.

Thanks lads, need to get some bits regardless so thanks for the help! Shipping seems cheap enough from Wunder themselves.

I just got a box of stuff off Wunderlich this morning. They're now my go-to for BMW parts !! The quality of their stuff is second to none.

I ordered my first batch from them on Sunday, delivery was super cheap!

No tracking number just yet but hopefully it wont be too long!

Everything arrived and no VAT was asked for. Happy out!

Advertisement