Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone for card playing? Dublin 7 environs

Options
  • 03-04-2018 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Wonder if anyone has a parent / someone in a similar situation. My father (80), was always an avid card player – but sadly, a lot of his ‘group’ that he used to play with are no longer in a position to play due to ill health.

Dad loved casual playing for small money ( or no money ) - just taking it in turns to host a card playing ‘event’ in a pals house every other week. He loved it – got him out of the house, and was a social evening for him.

Anyone any idea if there is such a ‘forum’ for men of his age in the Dublin 7 / environs? Or if anyone knows of anyone who has an interest in this as well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

The nursing home in Farmleigh hosts one. You don't have to a resident to attend.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

My grandmother (87) is also an avid card player and might be interested in such a group. I'm not sure she'll go to the nursing home though, she'll reckon she's too young for that yet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭trellheim

theres a nursing home in Farmleigh ?

Are you not talking about the Phoenix park

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

trellheim wrote: »
    theres a nursing home in Farmleigh ?

Are you not talking about the Phoenix park
    Yes it's mount hybla. On the farmleigh estate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Theres a senior citizens club in the day care centre behind Christ the king church. They also do dinners

• Advertisement
Advertisement